Easy Homemade Queso Dip Recipe
This yummy dip actually came up by accident. We had some cheese sauce left over from dinner the previous night and we just mixed in some salsa that we had on hand, heated it up and it was the best queso we’d ever had! And so easy!
We love to dip our favorite tortilla chips in this queso dip or have it with nachos or just about any kind of Mexican food.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa (bottled or fresh)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; whisk flour into butter until smooth.
- Pour milk into butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- Add Cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in salsa and heat til warmed through.