Eggnog French Toast Recipe
We eat French toast a lot in our house, it’s a great way to use up day old French bread, but we also really like it with thick slices of Hawaiian sweet bread that they sell inexpensively at our local grocery store. Mixing eggnog into the egg and milk mixture is one of our favorite things to do at the holidays and is a welcome twist on the standard French toast recipe.
If at all possible, we enjoy it with real maple syrup and a little fruit and yogurt on the side.
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 12 slices French or Hawaiian sweet bread
- Whisk the eggs. eggnog, milk and cinnamon together in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of the bread thoroughly.
- Fry in butter in frying pan.