Molasses Bran Muffins Recipe
This is one of my classic recipes that I loved even as a child. They are perfect for breakfast and go great with fruit and yogurt. If you like chopped nuts in muffins, those are delicious added, too.
These are really fast and simple to make, easy to whip up quickly. I don’t really like whole raisins in muffins, but chopped into tiny pieces or pureed, the raisins actually add a lot to the muffins.
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cups white or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped raisins or dates
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup oil (can use part applesauce)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine wheat bran, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in nuts and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, blend milk, molasses, oil and egg. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin (or paper muffin cups) and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Makes 12