Chewy Vanilla Patriotic Candy Cookies
These are one of the best cookie recipes I’ve ever tried and I’ve tried tons! They are based on a chocolate chip cookie recipe that includes pudding that I found on AllRecipes.
For me, the vanilla pudding was the best part of the recipe. It added a delicious chewiness to the cookies and a wonderful vanilla flavor that I love.
I knew I had a winner when I caught both of my sons carrying handfuls of these yummy treats out of the room.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, pudding mix, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the M&M's.
- Use small ice cream scoop to drop onto ungreased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.