Chocolate Peanut Cake Mix Biscotti
We love cake mix cookies in our house and have made so many different flavors and combinations. All are eaten quickly and greatly appreciated!
They’re so easy and only take a few ingredients, which we always seem to have on hand. Even kids can easily mix up a batch of cookies using a cake mix and the cake batter flavor that they have is a major plus.
The recipe is similar to making cake from a cake mix, except with no water added. Cake mix cookies are also offer a perfect opportunity for adding flavored extracts and mix-ins.
This biscotti recipe is not only delicious for dipping in hot chocolate, but they also travel great, too, in case you need to ship any cookies to anyone.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half.
- On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. log.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool 20 minutes.
- Cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over biscotti.