Today, I’m super excited to share a recipe that has been a game-changer in my household – Chicken Parmesan Soup. If you’re anything like me, you’re always on the lookout for easy, comforting meals that the whole family will devour. Well, this soup checks all the boxes – it’s warm, flavorful, and has that irresistible cheesy goodness we all crave.
Chicken Parmesan Soup is a bowlful of comfort that brings together the classic flavors of a beloved Italian dish. Whether you’re a fan of chicken Parmesan or simply seeking a comforting and satisfying meal, this soup is sure to become a favorite in your repertoire. Gather your ingredients, follow the steps, and savor the goodness of this delightful Chicken Parmesan Soup on any chilly day.
Picture this: tender chunks of chicken, sautéed with a medley of veggies, all simmered together in a pot with crushed tomatoes and a fragrant blend of herbs. The result? A soul-warming soup that’s like a big, cozy hug on a chilly evening. And let’s not forget the star of the show – the cheese! We’ve got a generous sprinkle of mozzarella and Parmesan on top, creating a gooey, melty layer that takes this soup to the next level.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is its versatility. You can customize it to suit your family’s preferences – add more veggies, switch up the herbs, or even throw in your favorite pasta shapes. It’s a fantastic way to sneak in some extra nutrients for your little ones while treating them to a meal that feels like a warm embrace. So, grab your ingredients, put on your coziest apron, and let’s whip up a batch of this Chicken Parmesan Soup together. I promise, it’s a bowl full of comfort that’ll have everyone asking for seconds!Print
This delightful twist on the classic Italian dish brings all the flavors of traditional chicken Parmesan into a comforting and hearty soup.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked pasta (your choice)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- Sauté the Aromatics: Start by heating a large soup pot over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and sauté the chopped onion, garlic, carrot, and celery until they are softened and aromatic.
- Cook the Chicken: Add the diced chicken to the pot and cook until it’s no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Tomatoes and Broth: Pour in the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, stirring to combine. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Season the Soup: Sprinkle in the dried oregano, basil, thyme, and additional salt and pepper as needed. Allow the soup to simmer for about 15-20 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Cook Pasta Separately: While the soup is simmering, cook your pasta separately according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine Soup and Pasta: Add the cooked pasta to the soup, stirring to combine. Let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the pasta to absorb the flavors of the soup.
- Serve and Garnish: Ladle the Chicken Parmesan Soup into bowls. Top each serving with a generous sprinkle of shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese. The heat from the soup will melt the cheese, creating a gooey, delicious topping.
- Garnish and Enjoy: Finish the dish with a sprinkle of fresh basil or parsley for a burst of freshness. Serve the Chicken Parmesan Soup hot and enjoy the comforting blend of flavors.